Beginning on January 12th I decided to challenge myself. A week or so prior, a dear friend of mine from back in my college days told me he limited himself to only eating red meat once a week.
Well. I can't pinpoint for sure what my reasoning were but I thought, "I could top that." Maybe it was the idea that this is a healthy life choice and I could benefit from something like that; maybe I wanted to show support by joining him in this effort; or maybe it is my competitive nature that pushed me to try to outdo him. Who knows!
I have challenged myself to go without eating red meat for one whole month.
Status: Grumpy, but holding strong.
Luckily for me, this "fast" of mine will end the day of the program I've been coordinating (which has taken over my life the past 2 weeks). "What's so amazing about that?" you might be asking yourself. Well, on the menu for this program is BBQ from Fuschaks! And for those who've been reading my blog since forever, know food is my first love!
No comments:
Post a Comment