Oh, don't think I went and forgot about my blog. Sure, it may have been a few weeks since my last post but I have not, will not throw in the towel.
Grad school: I've chosen to postpone that plan until Fall of 2010. I say, "I've chosen," but really life has chosen this path for me. A huge challenge I face is finances, and frankly, the grad assistant positions I was banking on that would cover my tuition costs hadn't really worked out as I had planned. And so, I now focus on preparing myself for next year. Part of that now includes studying for and actually taking the GRE. That part does kinda suck. I say this not because I assume it will, I say it with the confidence knowing all my friends who have taken it say "It sucked!" So there you have it.
Work: Continues to kick my arse. (Mind you, I LOVE my job.) Working with high schools staffs presents it's "special" challenges. This problem is intensified when trying to coordinate with multiple high schools. Other projects include preparing for summer camps and programs, in addition to being responsible for numbers in my territory. And, like every Tuesday, I spent all morning reading file after file, admitting and denying students to college. I did work with a woman today who I was sure was going to have a fit about classes not transferring, but I was able to put her tensions at ease. So it worked out... well, for me.
Social life: Softball game tomorrow. Go Underdawgs! I'm crappy, but I sure enjoy it anyway. That is, I can be a great outfielder at times, but I stink at bat. In other areas, I hollered at this one breezy at the bar (with some help). Got the digits, hollered via text, no response. Fail. Although I was informed text messaging was not the appropriate approach. Two varying opinions from two girls on that approach. Oh well. Lastly, in 9 days I will be in Mexico! Hurray vacation! Plus I'm working out summer time-off to attend weddings, and spend time with family.
And that's that. Well?
No comments:
Post a Comment