Greeting from Ft. Worth, Texas.
There is plenty I could blog about since last time, but I'm lazy and put it off. But here I am in Ft. Worth, and boy do I have a story for you...
Javi and I were out drinking with Kristi and her boyfriend at the Houston Street Bar. I don't keep count of how many beers I drink, because to me it's not a competition (although if it was, I'd win). After a while, we realized that we'd all had been running on little sleep, it was 9:30 PM, and we were ready to crash. We parted ways. Javi and I made our walk back to the hotel. We couldn't escape the thought of "pizza" which was brought up by Kristi's boyfriend not long before. We arrived in the hotel lobby and approached the front desk. After ordering Domino's, and whilst Jav was intertwined in conversations with others in the lobby, I struck up a conversation with the front desk staff. We discussed the hotel that was completed only a few months earlier, and the options of this hotel's chain in Austin. It was a pleasant conversation, but nothing too thought provoking. After a while, we and the entourage we had acquired mad our way to a seating area. Slowly, our entourage dwindled to just myself and Javi. As this was being realized, a hotel staff member was rounding the corner with a bottle of champagne, and four champagne flutes on a server’s tray. He approached our area to our surprise. We inquired as to where those were going. He replied by stating that it was for us. We were clearly confused. Luckily, as this confusion was overcoming us, the front desk staffer who I had previously spoke with announced that it was a complimentary bottle that was ordered for our group, which now included myself and Javi.
WHAT?!?!?!?! Fricken' Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We called around so that we would have others to share the bubbly with, and were successful in recruiting two recruiters from Angelo State University. Later we were joined by a recruiter from the University of Houston.
It was a great way to end a night and a story that I will tell for many years. This hotel has a patron for life... if ever I could afford to stay at this over priced joint. Hahahaha.
If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. Unless what you have to say is funny. Then, feel free to write about it in a blog.
Monday, March 30, 2009
Say What?
Labels:
bars,
champagne,
college admissions,
customer service,
Ft. Worth,
hotel,
i love my job,
Omni,
pizza,
recruiters
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I wish hotels here would give me complimentary champagne! I had to haggle with the guy to use the shower last night!
Post a Comment