Monday, June 9, 2008

Say Whaaaaaaaat?

Posting from my hotel room in Lubbock, TX. I am (as usual) exhausted.

This weekend I had two college friends in from Chicago for a little vacation. I took Friday off tso that they could get as much Reedo Burrito time as possible. Before they even arrived, I was neck-deep in a program on campus for high school guidance counselors that kept my busy way more than 12 hours on Thursday. The next challenge was picking up my two friends from the airport. They just happened to fly into San Antonio (because it was cheaper) as opposed to Austin, where I live.


Highlights of the weekend include CB, the female of my two friends in from Chi-Town, referring to Whataburger as "Whatchaburger", and Town Lake a.k.a Ladybird Lake as Lake City. All weekend long. They both almost died (so they say) from the heat. 100 degrees is not the end of the world... granted, it's close. "Howard", the male of the two, broke a lamp next to my bed in an attempt to pick it up thinking it was a vase. Nice move. I hope I don't awaken with shards of glass in my face. I think in all, they had a great time. They left Sunday night, after which I began cleaning up the house and preparing for the work trip that has led me to post from Lubbock.

The basics of today include: driving back to the office at 1:30am to get my Travel Card; getting 2 hours of sleep in my bed before heading to the airport; not boarding the 2 first flights out of Austin to DFW because of overbooking; arriving in Lubbock after a less than stress free day of travel only to be working until 9pm for a program serving as a group leader to 30+ high school seniors.

All that, and I still make time to write in the blog. How awesome am I?

1 comment:

Frogg said...

Save those receipts!!!