I'm in the new house, although not officially out of the old apartment. I have two amazing friends coming in from Chicago tomorrow night to stay with me for the weekend. The morning after they leave, I will be leaving for Lubbock for a program at Texas Tech. Once that program is over I will be flying to Fort Worth for the rest of the week for work and professional development. I am certain I will have plenty to blog about next week.
To wrap up tonight (this morning) I will share with you two things. First, the fact that I strongly dislike the State of Texas' Vehicle Inspection policy and program. It is in my opinion, a waste of time and money. I failed my recent inspection because the check engine light is on, and today is the last day to get reinspected without repaying the fee. Tomorrow is packed with other tasks, projects , and evens that will keep me from addressing the inspection. Again, horse sh*t. Secondly, since I don't discuss politics with friends, colleagues, or acquaintances in the non-online world, I am more comfortable sharing political views on my blog. Why? Why not? So here goes. I am thrilled my dear friend Barry Obama received the Democratic nomination (finally). Now that as a party we chosen our candidate, hopefully we can unify our party with the goal of having a Democrat as the Head of State/Commander in Chief/Etc.
Yes, I am a Democrat. I am proud of it, but I don't think a person is wrong if the choose to be a Republican (or Green Party, Independent, Socialist, Communist, etc.) I will happily engage in a discussion about points of view, but I'm not out to recruit for my party. As a political scientist, I will make attempts to educate others on political systems. I do not claim to be an expert, but an educated, thoughtful, open-minded discussion is ALWAYS welcome.
2 comments:
Hahaha I like the picture at the end :)
you are a communist
Post a Comment