So while I am at work in other parts of the state I am allotted a per diem. $36 a day for food to be exact. And since I love blogging about food, I'll be highlighting the places I've been eating while in Ft. Worth.
I arrived in Ft. Worth Wednesday afternoon. I picked up my rental at the airport and headed straight to my hotel to check in. I managed to grab a nap... a much needed nap before I went out to grab dinner. Now, when I am in a new place and have access to the internet, I like to research restaurants on Yelp.com. Yelp is a website where people can find, review, and talk about anything and everything in an area. Wednesday night I used Yelp to find Edohana Hibachi Sushi. I ordered California Roll (a classic that you can't go wrong with ordering... unless the place sucks!) and an order of Unagi. I was real please with my meal and my server was very attentive.
Yesterday, lunch consisted of a 12 oz. can of Dr. Pepper. Luckily dinner was more substantial (and much more enjoyable). I had the pleasure of having dinner with my friend/former student K-Dog. We had dinner at Mercado Juarez Restaurant. I drove up to the place, across the street was a trailer park. Usually not the best sign, but Yelp reviewers raved about this place. When we walked in we realized the place was HUGE! I didn't think the food was amazing, but it was good enough. We did have a bit of a show, and by show there was a mother speedily walking her son to the bathroom with her hand over his mouth as he tries to keep from vomiting. Don't worry, we don't think it was the food. The mom was wearing a fanny pack and we weren't far from Six Flags. I think one could assume the kiddo was a little sick from possibly too many roller coasters.
Later that evening, we hit up a Dogs & Hounds. We spent the rest of the night beating each other in NTN Buzztime Trivia! What a great way to end the night, even if I lost the last game.
Tonight wasn't too bad either. I wanted to stick with the ethnic theme I had been going with for the past few days. After doing a Yelp search I decided to dabble in a little Indian cuisine at Maharaja. I started off with Seekh Kebab, a ground lamb sausage; followed by a Lamb Vindaloo. Dee-licious!
My appetite has been a percentage of what I usually eat. Is that good or bad? Bah! I have no fricken' clue.
(On a side note while writing this blog I have been watching Man vs. Wild and Greensburg. Two fricken' awesome shows!)


3 comments:
I get to see you on Sat! woo hoo!!
ACK!! Is that guy eating a turtle??
I was hungry reading all the first part of your blog, but....not so much anymore. Just kidding, I'm starving. me likey your blogey.
Lyla Lou (I feel the need to capitalize names), rock on! I hope you find food to your heart's (and belly's) content.
Post a Comment