
Well, in a less than inebriated state my friend "Kermit" and I devised a plan. A sweet plan. At a local establishment that we frequent and poses a cover charge (which I despise anywhere) we decided we needed an 8 ball. I thought it would be a great addition to the 5 ball that Kris and I acquired from a pub in Grand Rapids, MI (a.k.a. G-Riggity). The 8 ball was held in my ball cap which was then placed in Kermit's pocket. All was going just perfect, and as we were leaving Kermit decided to strike up a conversation with one of the beer girls. Kermit was fiddling with my camera case from across the small tall top table. I saw it, gestured her to hand it to me, and the pass was made. As this happened I began to think... "if she was fiddling with that, what's next?... not... my ballcap?" Sure enough in the middle of her sentence about plane tickets to a Caribbean destination we were all alerted to the sound of the 8 ball bouncing on the floor behind her. Kermit's response: "What is that? A ball?" (Nice cover), she places the ball on the table... only for it to again fall... and bounce. (It is a very distinct sound mind you). She wrapped up the conversation returned the ball to the table, and we departed.
The rest of the evening included bursts of laughter, exclamations of embarrassment, and shouts of disbelief. Needless to say, it was one for the record books... or what we have coined as being "bloggable".
3 comments:
LMAO!! LOL :) Love it!
you seriously stayed behind to collect pens and pencils? what a great idea! wow I wish I thought of that when I was in college! :)
you know how sometimes you joke about being a "poor college student"... yeah... I was living the dream. It was one less cost I had to worry about. I hope that doesn't make people think I'm a bum!
Post a Comment