Thursday, August 7, 2008

Pasa Tiempo


I have a 25-30 minute commute to and from work. In the morning; that's my wake up time. I listen to my Kidd Kraddick in the morning, without having to talk to anybody, allowing myself to fully wake up. It's a blessing (unless I wake up late.)

However, the commute after work is a whole different story. For one thing, I don't always go straight home after work. For instance, tonight I had a softball game (Playoff Game: Loss[still play next week
]). After the game me and a few teammates went Sonic. By the time I was on the interstate heading home it was 10:30 P.M. One of my favorite pastimes for my commute home is talking on my cellphone. I will sometimes talk the whole 25 minute ride. Those phone conversations are usually with family members. Other times, I just try to get multiple conversations in, with friends just to catch up or shoot the shit with. Tonight was the latter of the two. I called six friends. Not one answered. I took no offense. It was 10:30 or later. Some of them have to get up earlier than I, and others are even in different time zones. Tonight though, I decided to leave wildly inappropriate voicemails. (This is a common theme.) Sometimes I will spontaneously scream and shout the last half of my message. Other instances I will leave a prank message, changing my voice, demanding things that are less acceptable in popular culture (don't worry nothing too grotesque).

It's a great way to get through what would potentially be a tedious, monotonous, mind numbing 25 minutes in my Subaru Shaggin' Wagon.

2 comments:

Frogg said...

I frickin' love that pic on tonight's blogg!! Love it!!!

Now go to sleep!

E.

Frogg said...

...and I'll never look at sumo wrestlers the same ever again.

:) E.