Monday, March 9, 2009

Home Made

After my half hour bike ride through my and the neighboring neighborhoods, I came home and immediately felt the need to eat. I guess it was that good of a work out. I decided that the time had come. I went out into my backyard, turned on the hose, then watered and harvested my vegetable garden. And from my garden I created this delicious salad.


... ummm ...

Okay, minus the carrots. Those came from my fridge. I wasn't sure how long they'd been there but I did the carrot snap test. Sure enough they were good to eat.

... ummm ...

Well, the avocado did come from my garden either. Those beautiful, sexy, delicious avocados. That was actually bought by my roommate and had been sitting on the counter for almost too long. Who has an avocado tree in their backyard any way (besides my Mom in Mexico, or my Aunt and Uncle in Santa Cruz, CA, and the future Me).

So, essentially, the only thing from my vegetable garden that was in my salad was the lettuce. But c'mon! What's the main ingredient in salad anyway?

1 comment:

Frogg said...

I'm loving your salad! PS. My parents have an avocado tree in the backyard. They probably didn't want to tell you b/c they know you would sneak back there and eat all the goods! haha! Ok, I think you would do that, not them. :)

So do I have a new cycling buddy, buddy?

e.