Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Catch Up!

My dad is a funny, funny guy. I was on the phone with him this evening on my way back from San Antonio. He was watching the Lakers/Spurs game. It was halftime, and after I had asked he informed me that the Spurs were up. I preceded to tell him that although the Lakers are from our home state, I was routing for the Spurs. He too, was routing for the them, and said he liked them. Later in our conversation, he said "I think I figured out why you're a Spurs fan." I asked, "How's that?" thinking he would make the obvious connection that my territory for recruiting is the "beautiful city of San Antonio" and would naturally route for the local team. He replied, "When you watch the Lakers play and they show shots of the fans, you inevitably see Jack Nicholson. When you watch the Spurs play and they show shots of the fans, who do you see?" Knowing the answer before he finish I announced "Eva Longoria!" He confirmed we were on the same page and laughed.

Moving on. I realized I had neglected the blog the past 7 days. Honestly, I would think about posting as I was getting under the covers and concluding that my exhaustion would prevent me from writing a worth-while post. (Although that hasn't stopped Kristian... JUST KIDDING!) I will however recap the big points deserving notification.

Thursday & Friday our office went on our annual Summer Retreat. The event took place at Freeman Ranch with the gorgeous Texas hill country as a backdrop. In attendance were the usual suspects along with our Associate Director in Evaluations and VP for Enrollment Management & Marketing as guests. The food was great, lots of work got done, and breaks were taken advantage of for throwing around the old pigskin. After the first day concluded our caravan went back to campus and folks went home. I was so exhausted that I took an hour long nap on the floor in my corner office (not under my desk though as has been the case in past offices.) The last day of the retreat flew by quickly with nothing too big to talk about.

What Fun People to work with!


The rest of my weekend was spend struggling through, with what I've come to realize has been, allergies. Oh, central Texas. You dirty pirate hooker. Again with the allergies. It spilled in to the beginning of the work week through tonight. Tonight was spent as indicated in the beginning of this post in San Antonio. I had a college fair to attend. It wasn't a fast paced or heavily attended fair, but what made it unique was that the coordinator invited the whole district (K-12). I spoke with a lot of your kiddos. It was great, especially because tomorrow I'm presenting to 300 3rd and 4th graders. The thought still makes me nervous. Yikes!

On the way home I took this photograph.


This picture is for Kristian...

He called me from Morocco. We spent the first five minutes discussing and concocting a test to figure out how long the voice delay was. We hadn't exchanged dialog in, what 9 months?, and we spend the first five minutes on testing the voice delay?!?!?!?!!?!? We brought our idiocy to our attention and then began to laugh. We couldn't expect out conversation to start off any other way. This picture, how insignificant it is, especially since it isn't even a good shot, I had to take while on the phone with him. I was describing how dumb I was for taking a rural route to the high school and constantly announcing how I kept thinking I was lost and then realizing I was on the lousy stinking road I was supposed to be on in the first place. I pulled over to take this shot and said I'd show it to him. So there it is.

Any comments, folks?

2 comments:

Kristian said...

Haha I love the picture. Although, is everybody's house in Texas that welcoming? What are they trying to guard with that insane padlocked fence? A 1986 Ford Bronco? Maybe I've been out of the US too long, I'm just used to walking into people's houses here ha

Apple!

Reedo Burrito said...

APPLE!