Monday, May 5, 2008

Rough Morning

I was not out all hours of the night. I hadn't been drinking until the wee hours of the morning. I wasn't involving myself debauchery or shenanigans of sorts. No! I was talking to my brother Jess on AIM chat, and ended that conversation to go to bed probably before midnight. Why then did I wake up this morning, not to my radio alarm clock, not to one of the two alarms on my cell phone, but to my friend from work, Stacey, calling to ask me if I was alright? I was confused as to why she was calling me so early on the weekend. Then I popped (the first time I typed this I typed pooped) up from my covers looked over at the clock that read 9:37am. Crap! I wrapped up the conversation with Sparky, and called my boss to give him the update and preceded to get ready for the day that got started without me.

Here I am at the office on my lunch break. Not how I pictured what my Monday would look like yesterday, but then again as my mom so wrongly says, "caca pasa." None-the-less, I take things as they come. I cut my lunch by a half hour to get more work done. but had to leave the other 30 minutes for posting in my blog and getting a drink at the 7-11 down the street. I have 2 back-to-back appointments in the afternoon and a meeting with Sparky to close out the work day.

This evening I will be going to see my long lost friend, Kcie (who has three [1][2][3]of my CDs which I've been eager to get back). She's throwing a Cinco de Mayo potluck at her apartment. Haven't figured out what I was going to bring, but I don't need to show up until after 8pm. I have plenty of time to figure that part out. I will however take the time to wish you all a happy and safe Cinco de Mayo!


And in the spirit of many past celebrations:
Arriba!
Abajo!
Al centro!
y pa'dentro!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sparky huh! REEDO!!

Kristian said...

Haha nice to see the Spanish cheers back in use. I can't wait until you get here and maybe we can cheers it up in one of the nasty speak-easy type bars here.