Thursday, April 17, 2008

Getting Rest, & Bringing Home a W


Tuesday after I got home, I barely got undressed before I passed out for the night. I didn't get home in the wee-hours of the morning, nor was it just before midnight. I was passed out on my bed before 8:30pm. Now, there've been evenings like this already, where I've come home exhausted and lied down to rest and ended up sleeping, but this is ridiculous. Luckily, I don't do this on a regular basis. I haven't been to bed before 8:30pm on a regular basis since I was in kindergarten back in 1989. Needless to say, I was well rested. I woke up once around 2:30am thinking it was time to go to work. I rolled over, glanced at the clock that took a few seconds to come into focus, then rolled back over and went back to sleep. My only regret was that I left a few lights on. Not very eco-friendly of me. My bad.


In better news, for those that recall that I am on a softball team, we play on Wednesday nights. We've had a fun season. Not filled with to many wins, but a fun season non the less. That's the great thing about our team. It's not full of cut-throat competitors. Mostly, everybody plays because they like the game and enjoy the company of the team players (many of which are or previously were employees in the Office of Undergraduate Admissions). I am happy to announce that the Under Dawgs got the final win for the regular season.

As planned by the team's captain, we shared in the celebration in the parking lot after the game was complete. We've got play-offs beginning next week, and hopefully we'll be able to redeem ourselves from a few of the tough losses we've had throughout the season. Either way it was a good time!

I'll insert a good picture soon!

2 comments:

Frogg said...

It was a great W!! The score 18-3 and everyone was a part of it :) Good job Reed-o!

E.

Kristian said...

The score was 18-3? That's not just a W, that's a slaughter! I bet you spit in your hand before you shook the other team's hands after the game too huh? Good sportsmanship Reed. You should go back to teaching high school then you can be a softball coach-- I can see you sitting in the dugout with some chaw in, scratching your belly, and checking out the girls while yelling something like, "smack that bitch out of here!"