Thursday, April 10, 2008

Softballs to the walls

The excitement of my day happened after 5pm. Prior to 5pm I drove to one of my high schools in San Antonio with our office intern. (not that kinda intern). Essentially, from 9:30am - 4:00pm I was out of the office. Recruiting is always fun, but to the reader, maybe not so interesting.

















@ 5:30 the Office of Undergraduate Admissions played the University Ambassadors in the annual BOWLing competition. It's a fun meet and greet for our staff and our student volunteer organization. Although, there was little meeting and greeting. Just fierce bowling madness. The scores are yet to be tallied. However Admissions is looking to hold on to current title as the 2007 competition's champions.

Frankly I stunk. Bad. I did break a hundred on both games I played in, but it was clearly not my "A" game. Luckily, this doesn't move me down to the B Squad.

I did a ton of video taping and took plenty of photos, which I will post in some form or another. It is currently after 2am, and I have to be up in less than 4 hours. So, I wont go into to much detail. You'll just have to wait until I post the media later on this week.

After bowling, the softball team I play on, the Under Dawgs, had two games. We played at 9 & 10pm tonight. It was rough. Mostly, because I lack skills in softball. I really don't like baseball at all. Softball barely makes the list of sports I consider playing in the first place. My defense is mediocre at best. My offense could use some improvement, but I was satisfied with my attempts tonight. Having a background in high school football, I'm used to sacrificing my body to make a play. That is a quality that carried over into softball. I'm proud to display this week's battle scar.

On that note.
I am off to bed.

1 comment:

Kristian said...

Nice battle scar! I hope to one day get a battle scar over here, not too big to be disgusting and not too small to be barely noticeable, so that it will be brought up in conversation and then I can say suave things like, "Well, I got this bad boy when I was in the Peace Corps climbing Mt. Toubkal-- the highest mountain in N. Africa"