I figure when I look back on my very first blog entry, I will say to myself, "Wow! That was awkward." Given some time, I hope my sarcasm, wit, and charm show through as the root of my entries. However, in comparison to others in my entourage (which spans world wide), mine will probably end up being the least exciting.
So, where do I begin? I invite you to pretend with me, that I've been writing this lousy blog for years. Mostly, I don't want to start off with a resume, or generic welcome. Frankly, those reading this will probably know me well enough to not need the basic: "I'm now living in Texas,where I work for..." Lame.
So here goes.
I woke up today to Kidd Kraddick on the radio, as I do every morning. Having been here a year, I've grown accustomed to this morning show's personalities. And as welcoming as their voices were when I became aware it was morning, I also realized that the radio/alarm had been on for an hour or so and that I had roughly 30 minutes to get ready and depart for work. It may present challenges, but I don't regret catching up on season 4 of Lost the night before.
I had plenty to accomplish at work. Read dozens of students files for the first half of the day. Some good, some not so good. I was able to maintain my sanity by making a run to 7-11, and fresh brownies made by CK the night before. The rest of my work day was consumed by an unpleasant appointment and necessary projects that needed my immediate attention. Before my commute home, I decided to treat myself to a haircut that I promised myself days before and failed to remember until the time I reached my apartment.
Rather than end with an insightful remark, I'll just end it. I've got laundry to do, and dinner to make and eat.

No comments:
Post a Comment