Wednesday, April 30, 2008

CK

I just needed to dedicate a posting to my former Director of Undergraduate Admission here at Texas State University, Mrs. Christie Kangas (a.k.a. CK).



Today was CK's last day working for Texas State after 8 years. She has accepted a position as the Director of the Office of Admissions at the University of Northern Iowa. It's a pretty sweet gig. Aside from the prospect of new challenges and responsibilities, she and her husband will now be just 20 minutes from their grandchildren. What's not outstanding about that?

Our office is sad to lose her, but happy for her family. However, we couldn't just let UNI get away with taking our Director, and not poke fun. (Don't forget, this is higher education! We have fun with each other!) The following is a letter sent to the generic email address for their admission office from one of our processors.



  • To: admissions@uni.edu
    From: admissions@txstate.edu
    Re: Your New Admissions
    Director

  • Today, our office mourns the leaving of the greatest Undergraduate Admissions Director, Christie Kangas, to your admissions office at University of Northern Iowa. We want you to know that you all (ya’ll in Texas) are receiving one of the most dedicated, hardworking, enthusiastic individual that we love and will miss dearly.

    We don’t wish you success
    because success follows wherever Christie goes. Please take good care of her on her new adventure…because we will be watching!

    Instead of sending flowers to
    us for our loss (your grandest gain)…send us chocolates!

    On behalf of Texas State
    University-Undergraduate Admissions Office, Mary

Although I hadn't established a strong relationship with CK, she was still an outstanding leader in our office and within my profession. I am proud to have served under her and I wish her the best in Iowa. This was the largest project I had today, but it was fun putting it together.


No comments: