Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Professional Organization Conferences

Who doesn't love the opportunity to attend a conference? Interacting with colleagues, learning more about one's profession, opportunities to network with big-wigs. What's even better is when your employer pays for you to go. Sweeeeeeeeet!

This weekend I attended the Texas Association for College Admission Counseling (TACAC) annual conference. I am lucky to be part of a great professional organization that supports my endeavors to aid students in the policies and processes of the college admission process. This weekend was full of sessions, social activities, and schmoozing. I won an awards in college for Schmoozing. Check out a few photos I posted.

Some of the sessions were packed. I had to sit in the back.
Reminiscent of elementary school.

When Texas State Admission Counselors attend conferences,
we have the opportunity to take out our aggressions on each other.

Conference meals pack on the pounds. I was feeling a little bloated.

Perks of attending conferences are hanging out with colleagues and friends, and flirting with counselors from other schools. These hot ladies were my wing-women.

Those who know me best, know I dig piano bars and Howl at the Moon wan no exception.

When I get the chance, I will post a video or two. They'll be of some fun highlights to the weekend. There was plenty to highlight, but there is just so much I can blog about without losing your interest. I will share with you that since I've woken up today I've had lower-back and abdominal pain. I'm pretty sure it was from the Sumo Wrestling. I could be wrong, but I really didn't do anything else that physical this weekend.

I have to give a shout out to my food this weekend. Conference meals were good, but when we went out for other meals we really outdid ourselves. Dinner last night was at Le Madeleine's. Tomato Basil Pasta and a side Caesar Salad. I had a few bites of coworker C.C.'s cheesecake. She and other coworker Pat are awesome dinner dates. And for lunch today coworker Joe, C.C., and I had a delicious food in Gruene, TX, where they say that they're slowly resisting change. That's kinda bologna. They're totally conforming to middle-American tourism. Not my cup of tea. Last note on food: tea was being served up the wazoo at this conference. I haven't really decided how I feel about that.

Like I said, Video to come soon.


2 comments:

Frogg said...

Oh I just read your blog (obviously) and I am now hungry! It's good to be hungry :) Kudos to you and all the Bobcats who strutted their stuff in sumo suits! I'm way proud!

Now let's see some videos :)

E.

Kristian said...

You better get ready for tea-- you'll be drinking more tea than you've ever had in your life in Morocco. It's actually really good, but you'll go into diabetic shock if you have more than 5 glasses because there's so much sugar in it.