Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Barnes & Noble

I'm sitting on a wooden bench in Barnes & Noble because all the comfy chairs were taken. I'm at this B&N in San Antonio because earlier today I was visiting a high school recruiting kiddos, and in a few hours I will be presenting to parents (just as I did last night) about the university I work for. It didn't make sence for me to drive back to the office only to turn around 30 minutes later for my evening program.

Although I don' label myself as an avid reader, I still like B&N. I will sometimes browse sections and convince myself it's time for a new book. Plus (with the exception of the bench) I like the seating and ambiance of this place. Conducive for taking in information. It reminded me of the few evening I would hang out at Border's at Stonestown Galleria in San Francisco when I was in high school. Good times.

There's also people watching that I enjoy. And... of course... checking out the studious, good looking ladies. The one currently in sights in her green shirt is wearing a "boot", the type one wear when they severely injure their leg. On the other foot, a flip-flop since the weather is still very nice in Texas (*something I like about this overly proud, overly conservative state).

Anyway, I am still on the clock and have work to do. Peace out!

No comments: