Thursday, September 18, 2008

Blogger Status: Fail

As I sit in my hotel room responding to work email I had the brilliant idea to take photos of things of interest around my hotel to post on The Friendly Filipino. I remembered to bring the camera this time, and the charger too! As I got up to head down to my car rental to retrieve my camera it dawned on me.

I forgot the cord that plugs into my computer to upload the pictures.

F.

So until I take those pictures and upload them to the blog I will identify what I had planned on taking pictures of. Here goes:

The Pool. At the LaQuinta Inn and Suites there is a decent sized pool. My colleagues have been hanging out poolside almost every night after our programs. I (not so surprisingly) didn't think to bring a swimsuit. It really wasn't a priority for me, and really hadn't even gave it thought.

Empty Lot. I'm pretty much in the middle of Dallas. Yet, when I look out of my window I see a HUGE empty lot the size of... uhh maybe a city block! Dallas really isn't a city I favor that much.

AIG. I was listening to NPR on the way up to Dallas in my rental. When I pulled into the parking lot of my hotel and into a parking spot facing the street, what should I see across from the hotel? That's right, a huge AIG building. (For the less up-to-date folks reading my blog, AIG was bailed out of financial ruin by the government for $85 billion earlier this week).

That's what I've thought of so far. We'll see if there is more to come from my camera!

No comments: