If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. Unless what you have to say is funny. Then, feel free to write about it in a blog.
Monday, September 22, 2008
Pictures from Dallas
So I now got around to adding the pictures I said I would from my week in Dallas. Just the highlights though!
AIG. I was listening to NPR on the way up to Dallas in my rental. When I pulled into the parking lot of my hotel and into a parking spot facing the street, what should I see across from the hotel? That's right, a huge AIG building. (For the less up-to-date folks reading my blog, AIG was bailed out of financial ruin by the government for $85 billion earlier this week).
The Pool. At the LaQuinta Inn and Suites there is a decent sized pool. My colleagues have been hanging out poolside almost every night after our programs. I (not so surprisingly) didn't think to bring a swimsuit. It really wasn't a priority for me, and really hadn't even gave it thought.
Empty Lot. I'm pretty much in the middle of Dallas. Yet, when I look out of my window I see a HUGE empty lot the size of... uhh maybe a city block! Dallas really isn't a city I favor that much.
This picture I hadn't mentioned in my earlier blog. I took this one morning on the way to a high school. This was a common sight for me. The rising sun directly ahead. It made driving... fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I don't get your complaint about the empty lot. Would you rather see a Wal-Mart there? Isn't it good to have empty lots in large city areas that could potentially be turned into a park rather than have an old dilapidated building sitting on it?
Kristian...
False. Wal-Mart = Devil (that part we kinda agree on). What I don't get is in the crappy (no offense) city of Dallas (Conservative), that a huge plot of land is not being used. I would LOVE to see it turned into a city park, or community center, or pit of despair that devours Republicans & gas-guzzling SUVs. But this is Dallas, not Berkeley.
Let's get to the source of the real issue. You're bored out of you mind and have nothing better to do than knit-pick at my blog. Look! Not all of us have a fancy background and cool pictures of distant lands. Jerk!
And... you're head is big and dumb!
Post a Comment